A radio is on in the office at all times while we are
in operation. When news of a possible natural disaster is announced, the following
procedure will be followed:
- All Preschool children will be brought to the downstairs
of the main building.
- The children and staff will remain in this part of
the building as far away as possible from any window.
- Staff will have a flashlight and a battery operated
radio with them.
- One staff member will remain in the office with the
radio on to watch the phones and look for parents.
- Staff members in the office will keep other staff
members informed of conditions and let them know when it is safe to bring
the children back to their regular classes.
Infants and Toddlers
- Staff will place infants as close as possible to the
inside center of the building as far away from the windows as possible. If
necessary, the infants can be protected with their crib mattress. Staff will
have flashlights and a battery operated radio.
- Toddlers and staff will proceed to interior bathroom.
Staff will have flashlights.
After either all of the children have left or they have returned to their regular
classes, a call will be made to the corporate office at (703)425-2701 to let
them know of fallen trees and/or damages that may have occurred.