Reviewed by Inspector on May 25, 2005
- To explain the policies and procedures for fire drills.
- Fire drills will be held monthly on an unannounced basis.
- Fire evacuation plans are posted in each room.
2. Fire Drills
Fire procedures must be discussed with the children so that there is a plan
on leaving the room in an emergency. The procedure for reporting a fire is the
fire alarm or call 911.
- When the fire alarm sounds in the building, everyone will calmly evacuate.
Office personnel should call the fire department (911) before evacuating.
- Each classroom has a map with primary and secondary means of EXIT and assembly
points. Teachers will bring their attendance books out with them and check
attendance to be sure everyone has been evacuated. Office personnel will check
with each teacher to receive a final count and to insure everyone has exited.
- Office personnel will bring with them the emergency medical forms and the
portable first aid kit.
- The Aide, or if no aide is present, the class leader will assemble the children
at the classroom door then lead the children out of the children to the designated
- The teacher will be the last to leave the room to ensure that all children
are out of the room and will close the door upon leaving.
- When children arrive at the outside assembly point, the teacher should do
a roll call and report the number of children to the Director or Assistant
- The following individuals are responsible for checking the evacuation procedures
to include assembly point, head counts, primary and secondary means of exit,
and checking to ensure complete evacuation of the building and will conduct
a check of:
- Upper main building (Director)
- Lower main building (Assistant Director)
- Kenwood Building (Director)
- Teddy Bear Building (Assistant Director)
- In the event of an actual fire, parents will be notified as soon as possible.
Personnel in the Corporate Office will help to notify parents.
|Fire and Rescue
|Poison Control Center
- Manual Pull Stations are located by the entrance doors of each building
and each Classroom.
- Portable fire extinguishers are located as follows:
- Main Office
- Outside each classroom door
- Lower level classrooms
- Computer Room
- Outside Teddy Bears Classroom
- Smoke detectors are located in every classroom.
- Building occupants are not to silence or reset the alarm. The on scene Fire
Department personnel are the only personnel who are to reset the Fire alarm
- During the Evacuation, children should be spoken to firmly but calmly. The
infant room uses two (2) emergency evacuation cribs.